Open Horse Show
Fair Board Representative: Bill Pickerrell
Judging: Thursday, August 10, 2017 – 11:00AM
Superintendent: Bill Pickerrell
Premium Sponsored by: The Ross County Agricultural Society
1st - $14
2nd - $8
3rd - $6
4th - $4
5th - $2
and Trophies & Ribbons
- Horse can show only 1 time in each class.
- Trailering in on the day of show.
- Entry Fee - $3.00 Per Class
- Entries will be taken at the horse barn between 10:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.
- Riding is restricted to enclosed arena only; penalty for violation of these rules will be expulsion of the exhibitor and animal from the fairgrounds.
- Riding hours and use of arena are 6:00 AM – 12:00 midnight. Riding schedule will be posted in barn.
- Arena riding lights will be turned off at 12:00 midnight.
- Stalls need to be cleaned daily and be completely cleaned out before leaving on release of livestock.
- Stalls will be assigned by Superintendent. Due to the limited number of open horse stalls that are available this procedure will be used.
- Previous year open stall holders will have first chance for renewing their stall. Deadline for renewing these stalls is July 1, 2016.
- New stall applicants will be put on the Open Horse stall waiting list and stalls will be assigned as they become available.
Open Show Classes
- Stick Horse Class (Rider 6 yrs. & under)
- Miniature Horse Trail In Hand
- Miniature Halter
- Horse Open Halter
- Cart Class
- Walk Trot Pleasure (Rider 10 & under) 4-H age
- Open Easy Gaited Pleasure
- Lead In Class (Rider 6 & under)
- Open Western Pleasure ( No 4-H Horses or 4-H Riders)
- Horse and Pony Pleasure (14 to 18 years) 4-H age
- Horse and Pony Pleasure (13 & under) 4-H age
- Walk Trot Pleasure (Rider 40 & older)
- Ladies Pleasure
- Mens Pleasure
- English Pleasure
- Costume Class (Walk Only)
- 13 & under barrels 4-H age
- 14 - 18 youth barrels 4-H age
- 19 & over barrels
- 13 & under pole bending 4-H age
- 14 - 18 youth pole bending 4-H age
- 19 & over pole bending
- Open Flag race
Back to Top
March 4-5: Gun Show
March 11: Miller’s Automotive Swap Meet
March 15: Winter Storage ends
April 1: Steer & Heifer Classic
April 1-2: Home and Garden Show
April 7-9: Swap Days
April 15: Star Family Circus
April 30: Horse Clinic
May 6: FCG Con
May 19-21: Southern Ohio Forest Rally
May 26-28: Bash for Cash Demo Derby
June 2-3: Relay for Life
June 3: NBHA (Barrel Racing)
June 9-11: Chillitown MX
June 17: PSA Horse Show
June 17: Tire & Electronic Collection
July 7-9: Mid Ohio Jeepers Organization (MOJO) Event
July 11: 4-H Skillathon
July 14-16: Chillitown MX
July 22: 4-H Skillathon
July 24: 4-H Lip Sync Prelims
August 5-12: Ross County Fair
Aug 30-Sep 4: Easyrider Rodeo
September 29-30: 4-H Halloween Campout
October 7: Feeder Calf Show
October 13-15: Swap Days
October 20-22: Chillitown MX
November 4: Miller’s Automotive Swap Meet
December 11: RCAS Annual Meeting